A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and records how you move around a website, so that when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit.
Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies can be either:
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again; or
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
Cookies may not contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal data that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product or service. Accordingly, these cookies cannot be turned off, as without them, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our site. These cookies allow us to count visitors, identify sources of traffic and assess the popularity of different pages of our site.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow us to provide enhanced features by remembering previous choices you have made, including updates relevant to the services you use.
We use Google Analytics, that collects information about the use of our site by means of cookies. The information gathered is used to create reports about the use of our site.
You can find out more about Google’s use of information by visiting https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
You can opt out of Google’s personalised advertising by visiting https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
As a user, you have a choice in accepting cookies from our website to your browser. Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system. However, if you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings.
You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
Up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies from your browser can be found at the following links:
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac (Safari); and
If you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.